Most people with small bathrooms get discouraged to do bathroom refurbishment because they cannot imagine the room can change much due to lack of space. The bathroom is one of the most important rooms in your home- you use it daily, it is the most hygienic place, it’s the first room you visit when you wake up and likely the last one before you go to bed. So don’t get disappointed if you can’t think of a way to change things around and remodel it wisely. We can help you with some tips on how to optimize the small space and make it useful and exciting.
- Use light colours- they give the illusion of a bigger space and provide a calming atmosphere.
- Utilize as much wall space you can with shelving. Put some above the toilet. You can add woven baskets to keep toiletries in them.
- Consult with a professional if built-in storage shelving can be added. That can give you a lot of extra room for towels and decoration.
- Built-in shelf in your shower adds extra space for your shampoo and soaps.
- If you decide your bathroom to be white, add a large mirror. It can be the focal point and will make the bathroom look bigger. If the colours of your bathroom are darker, add a light piece of art (painting) on the wall for a focal point.
- Utilize the space under the sink and add baskets to organize it. Adding a couple of shelves under the sink will do the job.
- Decorate the bathroom with some prints. If you use long vertical shapes in your prints such as trees or rays or vertical colour lines to make the place look bigger heightwise.
- Add some towel hangers on the door and fold them nicely to look like a decoration.
- Get rid of clutter. Clean space always looks bigger.
- Decorating the walls with tiles can change up the old look of your bathroom without compromising the space.
- Use a narrow horizontal sink. Some narrow cabinets can be built under the sink and add some storage space.
- To define your small bathroom, add a bold artistic shower curtain. Your guests will love it.
- If you want to add a plant in your bathroom, hang it from the ceiling. This will definitely help with saving space.
- Use bathtubs instead of shower cabins.
With these few tips for decorating small bathroom spaces, don’t hesitate any more but contact Right Build to schedule a survey.